Recommend a Recipient!!
We need your input on who deserves, or needs to be recognized in our community
The 2023 Merritt Awards will be held at Steppenwolf Theatre, on Monday May 22nd!
Sign up for our mailing list to stay up to date.
We stand against racism.
The Michael Merritt Awards Committee stands united against racism. Hate crimes against AAPI (Asian American Pacific Islander) communities have risen dramatically during the COVID-19 pandemic.
How to help:
1. Listen: Make yourself available to your friends. Let them know you are thinking about them.
2. Learn: End the model minority myth by educating yourself on the wide variety of AAPI experiences. https://zenerations.org/2021/02/25/why-is-racism-towards-asians-so-normal/
3. Speak up: If you see something, say something: stopaapihate.org
4. Support your local AAPI owned small businesses.
5. Amplify AAPI artists, authors, activists by sharing their stories and work.
6. Donate: Stop AAPI Hate: https://donate.givedirect.org/?cid=14711
Asian American Advancing Justice: https://secure.donationpay.org/aajc/
AAPI Women Lead: https://www.imreadymovement.org/
Movement Hub: https://movementhub.org/
Asian Health Services: https://asianhealthservices.org/donate/
BLACK LIVES MATTER